If you’re like most homeowners in Birmingham, AL, you probably pressure clean your driveway and sidewalks a couple of times a year. But what about your roof? Many people don’t think to pressure clean their roof, and that can lead to some major problems down the road. In this article, we will discuss the dos and don’ts of pressure cleaning your roof. So if you’re thinking about pressure cleaning your roof, be sure to read this post first.
Why should you do it?
The first question you might be asking is, “Why should I pressure clean my roof in the first place?” There are actually a few good reasons to pressure clean your roof on a regular basis. First of all, it will help to remove any built-up dirt and debris that can lead to staining and discoloration. Pressure cleaning also removes any mold or mildew that may be growing on your roof. This can not only improve the appearance of your roof, but it can also help to prevent further damage.
Another reason to pressure clean your roof is to prepare it for a new coat of paint or sealant. If you’re planning on painting or sealing your roof, pressure cleaning is a necessary first step. This will ensure that the new paint or sealant adheres properly and lasts for many years to come.
Dos and don’t of Pressure Cleaning your Roof:
- Do remove all debris from your roof before pressure cleaning. This includes leaves, branches, and any other organic material. If you don’t remove this debris first, it can get caught in the pressure washer and cause damage to your roof.
- Don’t use a pressure washer with more than 3000 psi of pressure. This can damage your shingles and cause them to break or come loose.
- Do use a gentle detergent when pressure cleaning your roof. This will help remove any dirt or grime that has built up over time.
- Don’t pressure clean in direct sunlight. The heat from the sun can cause the pressure washer to overheat and damage your roof.
- Do rinse off the detergent after pressure cleaning. This will help prevent any residue from building up on your roof.
- Don’t pressure clean if you don’t have the proper safety equipment. This includes gloves, goggles, and ear protection. pressure washing your roof can be dangerous, so it’s important to take all necessary precautions.
If you follow these dos and don’ts, you’ll be well on your way to pressure cleaning your roof safely and effectively. And if you have any questions about pressure cleaning Birmingham AL, be sure to ask a professional for help. ValorWorks Pressure Washing is always happy to help our customers keep their roofs in top condition! Give us a call today. Thanks for reading!
ValorWorks Pressure Washing
2004 Belvedere Cove Birmingham AL 35242 (service area business)